Hemophilia & Thrombosis Clinic
The clinic provide care and consultations to patients with inherited and acquired bleeding and clotting disorder on specific days – consultations and enrollments. Emergency cases may come on any day.
It is dedicated to providing specialist care to adults, children and their families diagnosed with Hemophilia A, Hemophilia B, Von Willebrands Disease, acquired hemophilia, platelet disorders and other rare forms of inherited clotting disorders.
For these disorders, we also provide a specialist comprehensive range of clinical, and advisory services to patients and their families including other healthcare professionals in any hospital, inpatient, outpatient and community settings in any city.
The aim of the service is to enable patients with hemophilia and other clotting disorders to live as normal a life as possible, by ensuring optimal treatment of their medical, physical and psycho-social needs including management of their lifelong disorder.
Our services for these disorders include:
- Emergency treatment of bleeds
- Regular assessments, reviews and screening
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Investigation of patients with bleeding disorders
- Education for patients and carriers
- Support and counseling
- Information and advice for health care professionals, employers and schools
- Participation in clinical research