Hematology Clinic Rawalpindi
This clinic is among the pioneer Hematology clinic which provides diagnostic and management services for the Hematological disorders. Hematological disorders include blood diseases related to the blood. Patients are referred to General Hematology clinic by GPs and Consultant Doctors.
The most common reasons for referral to the general clinic are the findings of abnormalities on the blood count or symptoms experienced by the patient that the referring doctor thinks may be caused by a disease of blood, bone marrow or sometimes the lymph nodes.
The kind of abnormalities in the blood count include the following:
- Anemia – Low Hemoglobin or Red Blood Cells
- Leucopenia – Low White Cells
- Thrombocytopenia – Low Platelets
- Polycythemia – Too many Red Blood Cells
- Leucocytosis – Too many White Blood Cells
- Thrombocytosis – Too many Platelets